- Of Counsel
Emily L. Brough's practice focuses on real estate litigation, including disputes concerning homeowners associations, landlord-tenant matters, and property rights. She has represented clients in matters involving breach of contract, fraud/misrepresentation, quiet title, the Costa-Hawkins Rental Housing Act, and the San Francisco Residential Rent Stabilization and Arbitration Ordinance. Emily also has experience outside of real estate, regularly representing clients in criminal appeals through the Sixth District Appellate Project and the California Appellate Project, Los Angeles, and volunteering her time at the Legal Advice and Referral Clinic in the Bayview, San Francisco.
During Law School, Emily won several CALI Excellence for the Future Awards as well two awards for best brief, and she was a staff member of the University of San Francisco Law Review.
Areas of Practice
- Real Estate Litigation
- Property Rights
- Landlord/Tenant Law
- U.S. District Court Northern District of California
- University of San Francisco School of Law, San Francisco, California
- J.D. - 2012
- Honors: cum laude
- Honors: CALI Awards in Community Property, Evidence, and eDiscovery
- Honors: Moot Court, Best Opposition Brief, 2010
- Honors: Judge John R. Brown National Appellate Advocacy Competition, 2nd Best Brief, 2011
Pro Bono Activities
- Legal Advice and Referral Clinic in the Bayview, San Francisco
When it comes to real estate, we love a good challenge.